Thursday, November 15, 2018

A Tutu Challenge - Fundraising for Safe Passage

You all know how passionate I am about running - it is my freedom, it is my sanity, it is my community.  This year, my passion for running and my faith in the running community was severely shaken due to some anonymous bullying.  It made me question what I truly loved about this sport, and why I did it in the first place.  I am fortunate that my local community embraced me, showed me non-judgmental support, and helped me find the passion again.  

Again this year, I am trying to bring a larger impact with my running - through running the Hot Chocolate Run and fundraising for Safe Passage.  Safe Passage is a local organization that supports victims of domestic violence.  This is not a fundraising race where the funds disappear into some national account; they stay local and provide neighbors with the support and counseling they need in times of crisis.  This is an opportunity for me to use my passion to create positive change in my community, to hope that my running can improve the life of someone else. 

This will be my 13th time running the Hot Chocolate Run, and I hope to fundraise $1,000 for Safe Passage.  And, as with past years...if I meet my fundraising goal, I will allow folks to dress me up in a tutu, or a sparkly outfit (see below), or whatever folks can cook up for me.

It's crazy to think that we even need to fundraise for a cause like this, as I wish that domestic abuse didn't even happen - but victims of domestic abuse need all the help and support that Safe Passage can give them.  So, if you're reading this and are so inspired, I appreciate anything that folks can give ($5, $10, whatever!).  Either way, especially coming into the holidays, I would challenge everyone to try to find a way for your running to support change in your community!

Here is the link to my personal fundraising page: https://hotchocolaterun.greatfeats.com/amy-rusiecki

(If I raise over $1,000, y'all can get me to run in another awesome outfit like this!)

2 comments:

  1. Crazy timing. I just wrote a blog post yesterday and linked it to yours about the harassment and bullying over your race. I'm not having the same issue as you, but it's still women attacking women. Good luck with the fundraiser!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Jennifer from New Jersey , I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from Anderson Loan Finance. Honestly, I thought it was a scam, and then I decided to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to $63,000 dollars which I applied for. This is really good news and I am so very happy that I advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to apply through their email pedroloanss@gmail.com. There are sincere loan lenders! They are capable of lending you a loan. Contact Mr Pedro E-mail: pedroloanss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete